A Florida woman dies of COVID-19 after family sues hospital to allow treatment with ivermectin

A Florida woman dies of COVID-19 after family sues hospital to allow treatment with ivermectin


Click to enlarge

A teacher in Florida has died of complications from COVID-19 after a failed lawsuit from her family demanding treatment with ivermectin.

Tamara Druck, 47, died Friday, after spending 12 weeks at Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center in southeast Florida. While Druck was in the hospital, her husband, Ryan Druck, sued the hospital in an effort to force doctors to treat her with ivermectin, an animal deworming drug that her forearm pushed as a treatment for the COVID-19 virus.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved the drug to treat coronavirus — which is not surprising, given that the coronavirus is not an intestinal parasite — and they share that early trials have not been promising for ivermectin as an effective treatment for COVID-19. However, Ryan Druck attempted to force the hospital to file a lawsuit that was dismissed last month.

Palm Beach County Circuit Judge James Nutt threw the lawsuit, fearing a dangerous precedent if he intervened to compel a doctor to perform a treatment he felt was unsafe. Palm Beach Post She reported that the compromise broke down, with the doctor offering Drock’s dose with less ivermectin than the family had agreed to. Ryan Druck said he would push for legislation mandating treatment with unapproved drugs in the future.

The Crackpot Facebook pages are fueling anti-vaccine fervor, but letting the White House regulate the technology is a very bad idea: enlightened opposition

The White House is pressing Facebook to stamp out misinformation about vaccines.  This is a bad precedent.

The Crackpot Facebook pages are fueling anti-vaccine fervor, but letting the White House regulate technology is a very bad idea

enlightened opposition

by Jeffrey C. Bellman

columns

“I hope they legally call her after her so no one goes through this,” Druck said. Mail. “If I got out of the hospital, she would have gotten the medicine.”

The Florida Poison Control Center noticed a huge increase last year in the number of people Almost poisoned themselves With ivermectin last year. The drug is sold in feed stores in a dosage intended for horses and it appears that more than 60 potential pharmacists have erred in their own dosages.


Stay up-to-date with Central Florida news and perspectives with our weekly newsletter, and consider supporting this free publication. Our small but powerful team works tirelessly to provide you with news of Central Florida, and every little bit helps you.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *