Fifth annual Magic of Lights returns to Daytona International Speedway
Written by: Russell Branham
DIS / NASCAR Communications
Buckle up for kids and enjoy the magic – the magic of lights at Daytona! With the popular auto race taking off on Friday, November 19, the family-friendly holiday extravaganza lights up at Daytona International Motorcycle, Speedway President Frank Kelleher recently presented the AdventHealth Daytona Beach Foundation with a celebratory check for $29,776, as a result of the success of the traditional event a year ago.
The donation, which will benefit patients and programs at local AdventHealth Hospitals, was made to Ed Nosworthy, President and CEO of AdventHealth Daytona Beach.
Back in its fifth year at World Center of Racing, Magic of Lights will provide six weeks of magical scenes, dazzling performances, and over a million twinkling twinkling lights, all displayed in the comfort and safety of the guest vehicle. Advanced tickets are on sale today by visiting www.magicoflights.com/daytona. The Magic of Lights continues until January 1, 2022.
The festive, winding tour of the grounds of the famous Daytona International Highway will be open from 6-10 PM every night except for Thanksgiving holiday (November 25-28) when opening hours are 7-10 PM. Holidays and an array of characters to experience the amazing holiday. Ticket prices include:
- Advanced rates November 3 – December 9: $20 per standard vehicle in advance or $30 at gate weekdays (Mon-Thurs), or $35 on weekends (Friday-Sunday).
- Pricing for the main season December 10 – January 1: $25 per standard vehicle in advance or $35 at gate weekdays (Mon-Thurs), or $40 on weekends (Friday-Sunday).
- Oversized vehicles such as limousines or vans with 15 or more passengers will be $40 per vehicle up front, $50 per vehicle at the gate and $55 on weekend dates (Friday-Sunday).
- Every Tuesday (except for December 21st) is a double overnight trip – drive through the lights twice, with the purchase of one car ticket.
- Group rates are available.
- Tourist buses cannot be accommodated.
Guests will be able to enjoy all the great screens using the latest LED technology and digital animation. Tickets purchased in advance online can be used on any date, giving guests flexibility in scheduling their attendance. The experience will include driving behind the ticket and tour building, through the state-of-the-art motorsports facility and concluding at Midway’s exhibition area.
New this year will be the 40-foot-tall “Huge Luminous Tree,” complete with dancing lights synchronized with favorite holiday tunes. Other new offerings include 12 Days of Christmas and Prehistory. Traditional favorites and festive scenes like Enchanting Tunnel of Lights, 12 Days of Christmas, 200 Ft. Candy Cane Lane, Sports Row, and Toyland are back — all guaranteed to warm the heart and create special family memories across generations.
A portion of the proceeds from Magic of Lights at Daytona International Speedway will once again benefit local AdventHealth Hospitals. Magic of Lights is produced by a team of family entertainment professionals at FunGuys Events, each with decades of international show experience at the highest level.
For more information on Magic of Lights, visit www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com and www.MagicOfLights.com. Fans can keep in touch with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the latest highway news.